5 Ways to Get Moving in the Morning
Find it hard to get moving in the morning? Here are five surefire ways to kickstart your day.
1) Wake up to sweet sounds. Music can be a real mood changer. So, program your alarm clock to play your favorite uplifting songs. This is so easy to do with today’s smart phones and tablets.
2) Stretch, instead of hitting snooze, and before you even open your eyes! Stretch each arm and leg for 15 seconds, one at a time. Wiggle your toes and fingers. Roll your neck. See that? You’ve got your blood pumping and you didn’t have to do much at all.
3) Exercise. Even 10 minutes of sit-ups or squats can be a super energy booster. Bonus: You can do these moves right next to your bed!
4) Eat breakfast, even if you don’t feel hungry. And don’t wolf down your food. Instead, take a few minutes to sit and enjoy a meal. Eating more slowly allows your body to better digest food. When you rush, your digestion becomes sluggish, which can slow you down physically and mentally. Choose healthy foods like oatmeal, yogurt, or whole wheat bread with peanut butter to rev up your metabolism.
5) Smile! It doesn’t cost a thing, but you gain so much: Smiling can make you happy and bring on happy thoughts. And while you’re at it… kiss everyone you love in your house before you head out the door. Who doesn’t smile after a kiss?