5 Signs You’re Married to Your Soul Mate
A soul mate is defined as “a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner”. I always thought the term “soul mate” was just a cute way to define that person closest to you. But it wasn’t until years into marriage and even daily, that I’m reminded that I’m truly married to my soul mate. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God hand-picked us for each other, and that we couldn’t make a better team.
I recently came across this quote that breaks down the difference between a soul mate and a life partner:
“Your soul mate makes you feel entirely intact, like no piece is missing from the puzzle. A life partner, on the other hand, can be a great supporter and long-time companion, but is limited in his or her capacity to enrich your spirit.” ~ Dr. Carmen Harra
And it hit me: I would absolutely feel like a big piece of my puzzle were missing if my husband were not by my side. He uplifts, encourages, supports and just “fits” like no one else ever could. So when I sat down to really think about what characteristics define my soul mate, here is what I came up with:
1. You pick up the phone to call each other (or text each other) at the same time. This happens frequently with my husband and I. And then we laugh about who was going to do it first. It’s that divine connection that keeps you bonded in thought even when you’re miles apart. When we have conversations, we are generally already in tune either with new ideas or topics that we may need to revisit.
2. That one phrase in your vows, “until death do you part”, terrifies you because in actuality, you can’t imagine living without this person. No matter what challenges may arise, your soul mate is worth sticking it out for. That bond is great enough to carry you through the trials so you can turn them into testimonies.
3. You learn to love even what may seem unlovable. We all know that no marriage is without imperfections. But when you’re married to your soul mate, you learn to not only look past those imperfections, but to love those imperfections as well. You understand that it’s a package deal and would rather live with than without.
Also checkout Marriage is for Soul Mates not Roommates
4. There’s a level of comfort and safety that is indescribable. No matter what heartache or obstacle you might be dealing with, the mere presence of your soul mate can make it that much more manageable. Your soul mate makes you feel like you’re constantly on cloud nine, and that there is nothing you can’t achieve. You always feel at ease when you have your soul mate to turn to.
5. Everything is intense with your soul mate. Your love is more sensual. You cry harder. You laugh longer (and louder). You make love more passionately because there is that deep connection. The physical connection between soul mates is just as powerful and satisfying as the emotional and spiritual connection.
All in all, soul mates just get each other. We never have to try to be more than we are. We thrive off of the bond that we share.