Following the deadly attack on churches in Kautikari and some other villages of Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State by the suspected Boko Haram sects this morning, June 29, at least 30 bodies have been recovered according to members of a local vigilante group.
Members of the vigilante group who said search is still going said they found 30 corpses from surrounding bushes and Churches in Kwada and Kautikari villages.
It was reported today that the gunmen stormed the villages and started burning Churches, houses and shooting worshippers.
According to Premium times, a vigilante member, who would not want to be quoted for his safety said: “We have so far recovered more than 30 corpses, but we got more of them from the EYN church where the Boko Haram gunmen first attacked in Kwada.”
RELATED: Chibok LGA Under Massive Attack By Boko Haram Gunmen
The source said the community did not receive protection from the security forces despite calling for help early.
“We are disappointed with the soldiers, when we heard about the attack in Kwada, we raised alarm and informed the soldiers, but instead of going into the town to confront them, they stood from a distance outside the village, under a tree and began to shoot or target. The gunmen finished with Kwada and proceeded to Kautikari, where they attacked people there until 11:30am when they finally left. We cannot say how many people were killed in Kwada yet,” he said.
Meanwhile the Borno State police spokesperson, Gideon Jubrin said although he was informed of the attack, he did not have full details as of Sunday afternoon. Mr. Jubrin said he was yet to contact the district police officer in charge of Chibok.
It would be recalled that on June 16, it was reported that the dreaded Boko Haram sects issues a threat to Chibok residents of their plans to attack after they abducted over 200 Chibok school girls on April 14.
RELATED: Boko Haram Issues New Threat To Chibok Residents
Update this news