Dating is not the only way to prepare for marriage and also can be very dangerous if not done God’s way.
Here are a 25 ways to prepare for marriage other than dating.
- Healthy friendships with the opposite s*x.
- Get a roommate. (same s*x)
- Spend time with a married couple that inspires you to be married.
- Learn how to cook. (Poor eating habits is very unattractive and destructive to yourself.)
- Establish the foundation of God’s purpose for your life.
- Read books on marriage.
- Attend conferences on preparing for marriage and relationships.
- Identify your strength and weaknesses in relationships.
- Establish a consistent prayer & devotional life.
- Get financial intelligence.
- Go to college.
- Examine the good and bad of your parent’s marriage.
- Serve at your local church.
- Learn how to deal with conflict with your friends.
- Go on a mission trip to another country with a team.
- Take faith risks for God to break fear and learn obedience.
- Examine all your failed friendships and see why things went sour.
- Keep your home/room/closet/car clean. (No one wants a dirty spouse)
- Get a hobby.
- Become a glass house for your close friends. (Transparency as a normal part of your life.)
- Ask your “real” friends what are areas of your character need development every 3-6 months.
- Learn when to say yes, and when to say NO. (self control)
- Work hard. (if you don’t want to marry a lazy person, then don’t be lazy yourself)
- Develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Get a biblical understanding of the role of a husband and wife in a Godly marriage.