Tropical Cable and Conductor Limited holds seminar for contractors

Accra, Sept. 14, GNA
– Tropical Cable and Conductor Limited (TCCL) has organised a day’s electrical
seminar on cables and accessories for electrical contractors in the Ashanti

The seminar was
aimed at educating the more than 300 certified electrical contractors and
inspectors about the product lines and codes and understanding the product

The seminar was also
used to introduce them to the scratch seals on the products of TCCL that could
be sent as short message services to a short code to determine whether the
product is original as well as provide other details.

Nana Kwame Oteng
Gyasi, Marketing and Business Development Manager of TCCL, noted that the
company embarked on the seminar to educate the public and the practitioners
about the correct uses of their product and services.

He said the
contractors would also be taken through how to identify quality, durable and
certified products that would help them undertake quality jobs that would be
beneficial to the customers and also save the country from spending so much in
quenching fires, and caring for the injured.

He explained that
TCCL products were manufactured with the highest international standards
suitable for the local environment and that over the years, both international
and local experts had attested to their durability.

He urged the public
to insist in using the services of well trained and certified contractors to
undertake their wiring and always insist on inspecting the certification of
such contractors before engaging them.

He said this is the
surest way of averting preventable fires caused by substandard electrical wires
and fake electrical contractors.

The Regional Public
Relations Officer of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), Mr Desmond Ackah,
said the Region in the last 10 years recorded 230 fires, resulting in three
deaths and costing GH₵5 million from faulty electrical fires alone.

During the same
period, more than 300 victims suffered from various degrees of burns, with some
life threatening.

Mr Ackah noted that
over the years, investigations by the GNFS had indicated that many fires were
due to the shoddy work of unqualified and uncertified electrical contractors
who undertake wiring of the houses.

Other factors were
the use of substandard electrical wires and circuits that easily catch fires,
the failure to use fuses at the appropriate areas to arrest or take the excess
power and the resultant fluctuations that might cause fires.

He noted that
overloading of electrical gadgets on single plugs was also identified as part
of the problems.


About ghanamma

Leave a Reply