Eid-al- Kabir is a Muslim holiday. Animals are usually slaughtered to commemorate the favour God bestowed upon Ibrahim (Abraham) Abraham by offering him a Ram to slaughter instead of his son Ishaq (Isaac).
Eid-al-Kabir celebrations are usually a big deal. Animals are slaughtered and there is a lot of festivities and fanfare. Here are 12 things that happen during the celebrations that you can probably relate to.
1. The excitement when you realise that it’s Eid and there’s going to be public holiday and no school
2. Your face when you think about all the meat that you’re going to eat
3. You when they finally bring the ram home
4. How you feed the ram dutifully, three times daily
5. Your face when your see your neighbourhood enemy has no ram
6. When the neighbourhood enemy tries to form friendship with you so you can give him some meat
7. Your reaction when people keep asking you for meat
8. You when they call you to come and help with the preparation
9. Your face when the food is not yet ready
10. How you attack the food when it’s finally ready
11. After you overeat
12. How you act with your Sallah money