Chimamanda is Queen.
Queen Chimamanda ( yes, she is Queen) is someone that I love and admire a whole lot. I love how she’s so comfortable in her own skin and casually breaks barriers and smashes stereotypes. She is a bestselling author and recipient of many awards. Her fashion sense also gives us goals for days and she was recently featured in Vanity Fair’s 2016 edition of the International Best-Dressed List (IBDL). She was featured alongside the likes of Helen Mirren, Moses Berkson, Justin Trudeau, and H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. Even Vanity Fair, which is an authority in deciding the world’s most fashionable people recognises that Queen Chimamanda is F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S.
She revealed to Vanity Magazine some of her favourite fashion items and who her style idol is. Here are six fashion facts about Queen Chimamanda.
1. Her favourite clothing item is a midi dress made by her tailor Razaq, in Lagos.
She looks great in every outfit, so I’m sure the midi dress is a potential collector’s item.
2. Her favourite designers are Roksanda LLincic, Gozel Green, and Stella Jean.
Talk about class.
3. Her favourite scent is Fresh’s Hesperides Grapefruit.
I have no idea what that smells like, but I’m absolutely sure it smells great and I’d love it too.
4. Her favourite shoes are her Nicholas Kirkwood bendy-heeled pumps and Jimmy Choo booties.
She sure can take over the world in shoes like that.
5. Her favourite purchase this year is her MM6 by Maison Margiela black dress.
I’m pretty sure she looks fabulous in it.
Her style icon is Michelle Obama.
I bet they’re secret besties and they text each other style tips all the time.