A few months back we published an exciting post on 20 Wonder-Working Kitchen Tricks You Never Knew
And seeing how much you loved it, we’ve decided to share more tricks to help you get your skills spot on!
Nigerians typically love to show-off where ever they find themselves, we’re hoping this helps. It’s time to get your pens, pads, and aprons!
1. Perfect hard boiled eggs
Place eggs in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Immediately, turn off the heat and leave the eggs to sit in the water for the allotted time then move them to a bowl with cold water for 2 minutes.
2. How to get more juice from citrus fruit
Place the citrus fruits in a microwave and heat on high for 20-30 seconds. Next, remove them and leave to sit for half a minute. Cut in half and squeeze and watch the juice flow easily.
3. The perfect slice of cake
Before you end up with a plate full of big cake crumbs, run a knife under hot water before cutting into the cake.
4. How to prevent dough from sticking to your hands
5. Correct way to slice Mango
6. Correct way to slice Water-melon
7. How to cook vegetables correctly
8. Another trick to impress anyone
9.How to Keep Water From Boiling Over?
When you put a pot of water on, put a wooden spoon over the top of the pot. If it starts to boil up too high, the spoon will pop the bubbles and keep it from boiling over as quickly, meaning you have more time to get back and turn the heat down.
You could use something metal, but you’d have to remove it with an oven mitt because it will become very hot (unlike wood, which won’t transfer as much heat).
10. To many cheery tomatoes with limited time on your hands?
Place all cherry tomatoes on a plate. Place another plate on top of the cherry tomatoes. Slice across with a sharp knife at the gap between 2 plates. DONE!
11. How to measure ingredients with your hands
12. How to peel lemons in style
13. Struggling with those chopsticks?
Use the pin from your cloth pegs to make chopsticks foolproof.