By visually asking, If I strip Lagos of the colour, what will I find? –Logor
Photographer, Logor asked himself this question and has since then dared to do the unconventional by taking pictures of the cosmopolitan city of Lagos in purely black and white. He says that Lagos is to him what New York is to photographers like Gary Winnongrand, Robert Frank, Joel Meyerowitz and Robert Stanton of the “Humans of New York”.
Monochrome Lagos presents an alternative visual vocabulary through which to comprehend this city, one that strips Lagos down to its component parts, as an encounter between the individual and the built environment.
Here are pictures of Lagos, as you’ve never seen it before taken by the talented Logor.
All images courtesy: Instagram/Logorofafrica
1. This amazing shot of a high rise building
2. Faces at a carnival in Lagos
3. This beautiful shot of cars
4. The Third Mainland Bridge
5. The Civic Towers, Victoria Island
6. Another shot of the Third Mainland Bridge
7. A trader and his wares
8. This picture of a motorcycle rider
9. This awe-inspiring photo of the ever busy Lagos roads
10. This amazing view of a skyscraper
11. Danfo in all its glory
13. And this lovely shot of the famous yellow cabs
14. This playful photo of people relaxing at the beach
15. Two sides of the same city