Chelsea brings Luiz back from PSG on final day of transfer period

London, Sept. 1, (GNA/dpa) – David Luiz
returned to Chelsea from Paris Saint-Germain as the summer transfer period
closed Wednesday, while a pair of England internationals were sent out on loan.

Luiz signed a three-year contract after
Chelsea paid a reported fee of 30 million pounds (39 million dollars), two
years after leaving the London club for France in a 50 million-pound deal.

The 29-year-old defender won the Champions
League, FA Cup and Europa League in his first stint at Chelsea before moving to
PSG, where he captured a treble of trophies each of the last two seasons.

“I’m delighted to return to
Chelsea,” Luiz said on the club’s Chelsea’s website.

“We had a fantastic story during my first
time at the club and I want to help the team and [manager] Antonio Conte
achieve a lot of success. I always had a wonderful relationship with the fans,
and I am looking forward to wearing the blue shirt at Stamford Bridge once
again.”

Chelsea added another defender by signing
Marcos Alonso from Fiorentina.

The 25-year-old returns to the Premier League
after having previously played at Bolton and Sunderland.

“It’s a step up in my career, and I think
this is the perfect place for me to continue developing,” Alonso said.

“It was an easy decision for me to make
when I heard the club were interested in signing me.”

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere and
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, members of England’s Euro 2016 squad, were
sent out on season-long loans as they look to secure first-team football.

Wilshere joined Bournemouth in an attempt to
revive his injury-plagued career.

The 24-year-old has been limited to just 66
league matches over the last five seasons and has fallen down the pecking order
at Arsenal.

“Jack is a fantastic addition to the
club,” Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake said. “He will bring a
wealth of international and Premier League experience, so we are delighted to
be able to welcome a player of his caliber to the club.”

Hart, 29, joined Italian side Torino after
losing his starting job at Manchester City to Willy Caballero.

“Suddenly, my career has been an important
turning: it was a sign,” Hart said on Torino’s website. “Torino’s
offer came in the right moment, with the right manner.”

New City manager Pep Guardiola sent three
other internationals out on loan as he continues to shape his squad.

Ivory Coast striker Wilfried Bony joined Stoke
City, and France team-mates Samir Nasri and Eliaquim Mangala headed to Spain to
play for Sevilla and Valencia, respectively.

Premier League champions Leicester City broke
their transfer record by signing striker Islam Slimani from Porto on a
five-year deal for a reported 29.7 million pounds.

Two other clubs set new marks, with Burnley
paying 10.5 million pounds for Derby midfielder Jeff Hendrick and Sunderland
signing Lorient midfielder Didier Ndong for 13.6 million pounds.

In other moves, Spanish World Cup winner
Alvaro Arbaloa, who played last season at Real Madrid, joined West Ham on a
one-year deal, and Netherlands defender Bruno Martins Indi moved from Porto to
Stoke on a season-long loan.

Tottenham signed Newcastle midfielder Moussa
Sissoko and Marseille winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, and Enner Valencia joined
Everton on a loan from West Ham.

GNA

About ghanamma

Leave a Reply