I’m of the strong opinion that Nigerians should have an official dictionary that clearly speaks our mind.
Take for example the Emoji library. What might literarily mean ‘I’m shouting’ might be translated into something else by a typical Nigerian man.
So I’ve culled up 11 Emojis and how your typical Nigerian would translate it. Let the countdown begin and don’t forget to identify your favourite:
1. Guy You Go Chop?
2. Abeg No Disturb Me, Who You Epp?
3. I will Tell My Mummy For You
4. You Dey Look Time So? Abeg No Waste Am
5. Mummy, Bro Kunle Is Stealing Meat From The Pot
6. We Go Jam For Road After School, You Go Answer Your Papa Name Today
7. I no Follow You Talk
8. Sleep dey Worry Me, Make I Go Crash
9. My Papa Don Die
10. Ntor, Good For You
11. O Boi I Nor Know The Answer To Question 9 o!