The Bawku Municipal Security Council has assured the families of Alhassan Hadi and Tijani Issaka, the two victims of Thursday’s fatal shooting incident in the Municipality, that the culprits will be found.
The two men were killed and two others injured when the group they were in was shot at, reportedly by two unknown assailants.
The Bawku Municipal Chief Executive, Issaku Bukari, told Citi News confirmed that the bodies of the two victims of the shooting had been buried adding that ‘the other two who sustained injures are responding to treatment.’
The Divisional Police Commander of Bawku, Chief Superintendent Tefutor Kaletsi said that the issue was not linked to the protracted conflict in Bawku and that no arrests had so far been made.
However, the Bawku Municipal Chief Executive, Issaku Bukari, told Citi News that the Security Council has mapped out strategies ‘to find the perpetrators of the crime.’
‘We have a lot of surveillance on the ground to identify the culprits.
‘The security (council) are investigating the issue and have met the families of the victims.’
There are concerns that the incident might spark reprisal attacks in an already volatile municipality, but Issah Bukari insisted that the security council was in control of the issue.
‘We have assured them (the families of the victims) that those who are involved will be arrested and the law will take its course.’
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.