President Mahama has publicly condemned the recent killing of Bimbila Chief, Naa Dasana Andani Abdulai II, as he promised to find the murderers.
In his first public comment on the June 19 palace attack, President Mahama told some chiefs and queenmothers at Manhyia last Wednesday, “we condemn this murder in the strongest possible terms. Government is taking all necessary steps to make sure that the perpetrators are dealt with…to serve as a deterrent”
The President was speaking at the Asantehene’s palace in the Ashanti region were he presented 13 four wheel drive pick-up vehicles to the chiefs and queenmothers of the National House of Chiefs.
The late Bimbilla Naa Dasana Andani Abdulai II was murdered along with six others in Bimbila by unknown assailants on June, 19, 2014 at his palace.
The cause of his murder is yet to be established. So far 17 suspects are reported by the Ministry of Interior as being in police custody assisting them in their investigations.
The suspects include two prominent persons from the Nanung Traditional Area, a former District Chief Executive for Bimbila during Jerry Rawlings’ regime, Alhaji Iddrisu Sumaila Adam and a former Director of the Northern Region Rural Integrated Programme (NORRIP), Mr. Arthur Naatogmah.
This is the second high profile murder of a traditional ruler since 2001 when the Ya-na, the overlord of the Northern people of Dagbon, is said to have been abducted from his palace by men in military fatigues on 26 March and murdered.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.