The National Information Centre coordinator, Mike Omeri, has been accused of lying to Nigerians over his reportage of the Boko Haram attacks in the country’s north-eastern part.
According to Leadership, the BringBackOurGirls group made the accusation in a reaction to Omeri’s speech at the media briefing on Monday, where he claimed that security agencies came to the rescue of the villagers that were attacked by Boko Haram near Chibok, Borno State.
Related: WHY NOA DG Mike Omeri Enters A Closed-Door Meeting With CDS Alex Badeh
The group, who described the coordinator’s speech as a concerted effort to lie to Nigerians on the true situation of the security challenge in the north-east said, the people of Chibok and the neighbouring villages that were attacked had confirmed that no military or any other security agencies came to their rescue, not until hours after the Islamist had already accomplished their massacre.
The BringBackOurGirls group also went ahead to question why the National Information Centre would claim that there were not less than 20, 000 security operatives stationed in the North East to fight Boko Haram, and the sect’s onslaught keeps increasing.
The group also called on the federal government to be truthful about the rescue efforts of the over 234 female student of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, that were abducted by Boko Haram since April 14.
It would be recalled that Omeri, on Monday June 30, 2014, during a media briefing said that Nigerian security operatives repelled the attack on the villagers from the air and on land.
Related: We Have More Sophisticated Weapons Than Boko Haram
Omeri while answering question on why Boko Haram appeared to always be a step ahead of security agencies whenever they launch an attack, even with the federal government’s hampering on on-the-ground military action, he said residents of vulnerable villages should protect themselves first and later provide information to the security operatives when the need arises,
Update this news