The Founder and Presidential candidate of the Progressive People’s Party [PPP], Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom believes there are solutions to Ghana’s bedridden economy which has left many Ghanaians in an agonizing hardship.
According to him, Ghanaians must contribute thoughts that will help revamp the economy from its sick bed.
“As I have often put across, we Ghanaians must begin to learn to be experts at finding solutions and implementing them and leave behind our expertise and knowledge of the problems,” he posted on Facebook.
Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom however hinted that, in some couple of days, he will deliver a lecture that will aim to offer solutions to the problems the Mahama-led administration is facing.
On his Facebook wall, the business mogul posted previews of his ideology to the state for consideration.
Below is what is what Papa Kwesi Nduom will be discussing during his lecture…:
Many Ghanaians have offered their views about what ails our economy. So we all know about being a nation of import and sell; exporter of raw materials practically the same ones from the Gold Coast days with oil and gas now added; a weak currency; high debt burden; high unemployment; and fiscal deficits and others.
As I have often put across, we Ghanaians must begin to learn to be experts at finding solutions and implementing them and leave behind our expertise and knowledge of the problems.
In a few weeks, I will deliver the Progressive People’s Party’s Anniversary lecture. This lecture will offer solutions to the problems we face.
Here is a preview of what I will discuss in more detail in early August this year:
1. We must develop the rural economy. (I will explain how we should do it including constitutional amendment to free up grassroots initiative.)
2. An efficient, independent public service is a prerequisite.
3. A single national identification is needed to bring the discipline needed to cast a strong foundation for prosperity.
4. Use of the state’s purchasing power.
5. An educated labour pool armed with technology.
6. Changes to the Pension law and give a push for its aggressive implementation to build long term funds for the private sector.
7. A single purpose focus on delivering energy solutions – immediate and long term.
8. Open up the country with world class transportation infrastructure.
9. Involve the Ghanaian diaspora.
10. Apply practical, experienced, inclusive-thinking, incorruptible leadership.