Following Thursday’s explosion in Nyanya motor park in Abuja, President Goodluck Jonathan, Service Chiefs and some of his advisers met on Friday at the Aso Villa, in Abuja.
According to PREMIUM TIMES, the worsening security situation in the Nigerian capital city and the kidnap of over 200 secondary school girls in Chibok, Borno State was the major topic of discussion.
A source, who was at the meeting, informed that the Vice President Namadi Sambo, Defence Minister, Aliyu Gusau, Service Chiefs and heads of security agencies were among those that attended the meeting.
It was gathered that President Jonathan told security chiefs to increase surveillance and expedite investigation into the bomb blast in Nyanya.
* File photo of scene of a bomb explosion
Mr Jonathan also implored the Service Chiefs to ensure that those behind the tragic incident are arrested and made to face the law.
According to reports, the president also gave instructions for additional proactive measures by security agencies to enhance public safety; including increased public awareness for citizens to step up their cooperation with security agencies by reporting suspected activities and persons likely to cause a breach of public peace.
* President Jonathan met with Service Chiefs in Abuja on Friday night to discuss security challenges in the capital city
Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, told journalists after the meeting that they received updates on the Nyanya bombing, the ongoing search for the Chibok girls, and efforts made so far to deal with related incidents of insecurity and terrorism in the country.
Thursday’s explosion in Nyanya happened barely three weeks after a similar explosion within the same vicinity killed at least 75 people.
Latest reports from the national emergency agencies stated that 19 people were confirmed dead from the May 1 explosion.
If you wish to know how this story develops, use
Know more about this news? Update the info!