10 Health Benefits Of Eating Eggs.
Eggs are once again considered healthy and beneficial to eat, and one egg is just 70 calories! Consult with your doctor before indulging in eggs due to the high cholesterol content, but take note of new research in item # 7 below.
1. An egg a day may prevent macular degeneration due to the carotenoid content.
2. Carotenoid contains lutein and zeaxanthin, both help lower the risk of developing cataracts.
3. One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all nine essential amino acids.
4. According to a Harvard School of Public Health study, there is no significant link between egg consumption and heart disease. In fact, according to one study, regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, strokes and heart attacks.
5. Egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline, a nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system and cardiovascular system.
6. Despite the hoopla of eggs being high in fat, it is the right kind of fat. One egg contains just 5 grams of fat and only 1.5 grams of that is saturated fat.
7. New research shows that moderate consumption of eggs does not have a negative impact on cholesterol. In fact, recent studies have shown that regular consumption of two eggs per day does not affect a person’s lipid profile and may, in fact, improve it. Research suggests that it is saturated fat that raises cholesterol rather than dietary cholesterol.
8. Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.
9. Eggs may prevent chest cancer. In one study, women who consumed at least six eggs per week lowered their risk of chest cancer by 44%.
10. Eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals.