Dr. Kofi Ablorh
The Medical Superintendent of the Nsawam Government Hospital, Dr. Kofi Ablorh, has debunked reports that the hospital had recorded its first case of the Ebola virus infection.
In an interview with DAILY GUIDE, Dr. Ablorh stressed that the patients tested negative to the Ebola virus.
”A sample was taken from the patients to the Noguchi Memorial Centre in Accra, and after examination, it has been confirmed that they do not have the virus,’ he stated.
On Monday a section of the media reported that over the weekend, three persons who were admitted at the Nsawam hospital had contracted the Ebola disease.
But the hospital administration in response after the test, maintained that the three patients were brought to the hospital on Saturday and were placed in a separate ward due to the seriousness of their sickness.
According to Dr. Ablorh, two of them had a medical history which was not Ebola. The medical reports of the patients, according to the medical doctor, showed that they were suffering from a different sickness.
He said one of the patients, a driver, was seriously sick when a team of pastors brought him from a prayer camp to the hospital for treatment – after he was said to have been fasting at the camp.
Dr. Ablorh appealed to the media to verify issues and have real confirmation before putting them out in the public domain, adding that the speculation had scared the Nsawam residents.
He further tasked the media to help educate the public on the Ebola virus, adding that the hospital lacked logistics to handle very serious cases and appealed to the government for support.
DAILY GUIDE discovered that there was a cholera outbreak in the Nsawam Municipalty, which had affected 100 people and were on admission at the hospital. However, no death had been recorded at the time this paper visited the health facility.
The medical officer confirmed the outbreak of the epidemic and said patients were treated and discharged.
FROM Daniel Bampoe, Nsawam
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.